Data Protection / Privacy Lawyer - In House
Is there a different way to practice law? We certainly think so.
Established 18 years ago, Axiom is the world’s leading alternative legal services provider. With over 2,000 employees in 16 locations, including a decade long presence in London, we provide legal services to the world’s best-known corporate and financial services institutions. Our lawyers are commercially astute specialists in their field who enjoy a rare combination of high quality work and the unprecedented ability to choose the clients for whom they want to work.
Why join Axiom?
- We offer unparalleled access to top-tier, in-house legal teams, and the opportunity to become an integral part of their in-house legal function, working on a broad range of interesting and challenging assignments.
- We enable you to retain control over your career path, with the flexibility to take time off between engagements while retaining your employee benefits.
- We provide bespoke career guidance and support, plus access to resources to enhance your professional and personal development.This includes free access to a series of executive management training courses centred around the business of law and focused on providing you with genuine in-house business skills.
- You are matched with appropriate opportunities by our dedicated Lawyer Engagement Team, who will talk you through specific client instructions on a case-by-case basis. Their goal is to find you engagements which most closely match your skill set and stated career objectives.
- As an employee of Axiom, you are entitled to a suite of benefits, including a company pension, paid time off and private healthcare.
What makes an Axiom lawyer?
- Good academic credentials and post-qualification experience.
- In-house legal experience is preferred (directly, or as a secondee) but is not essential.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to provide excellent client service and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and work environments, and a thirst for new challenges.
- You must have the right to work and be eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK.
Read our FAQs to learn more about what it’s like to be an Axiom lawyer.
What are we looking for?
We are actively recruiting for qualified Data Protection lawyers at all PQE levels.
- Providing in-house legal advice on privacy, data-sharing, transfer of data outside of the EU as well advising on the implications of client’s new product offering.
- Engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of any commercial agreement containing information law clauses.
- Drafting and advising on complex data protection-related documentation such as data processing agreements and data transfer agreements, representative agreements and privacy impact assessments, including future-proofing for GDPR and Brexit.
- Providing guidance and support on various new compliance reporting/data tracking requirements and revisions to internal codes of conduct.
- Familiarity with relevant UK and EU Privacy laws (Data Protection Directive, Directive 95/46/EC, Data protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000).
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.