Slaughter and May are looking to recruit a successor to their Partnership Secretary. This is a senior management role reporting directly to the Executive Partner, which also has Partnership Board, OpCo and Risk Committee reporting responsibility. The role has prime responsibility for the firm’s constitutional and governance processes and provides executive support for special projects; it is therefore partner facing with regular contact with the Executive Partner, the Practice Partner and the Senior Partner.
The successful candidate will provide business critical support to the partnership. A broad and varied role, key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic advice and support on constitutional and governance aspects of the partnership, including promotion and retirement processes for partners;
Working with and supporting the Executive Partner in delivering the operational management strategy of the firm;
- Executive support and advice to the Partnership Board, OpCo and other Board Committees;
- Executive support to the Business Services Directors; and
- Managing and supporting specific partner led projects.
The role is one of eight Business Services Directors. The Partnership Secretary manages an executive team of four.
The partners are looking for someone with excellent organisational, project management, legal, technical and communication skills, combined with the emotional intelligence, integrity and resilience required to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both partners and Business Services Directors. Owing to the complexity of the role, intellectual dexterity is a prerequisite for success.
Applications are particularly encouraged from individuals who enjoy equivalent roles in other professional service firms, Chambers or company secretaries within the FTSE 250.
This is a permanent position, but the firm is open to the potential for the role to be conducted on a full time, part time or job share basis.
Interested applicants should contact retained executive search consultants Cavendish Hawk, quoting reference SLA005/85 and clicking on the apply button.
More searches like this
- Company/Commercial Professional Support Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate/M&A Professional Support Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Central)
- Intellectual Property Professional Support Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Central)
- Regulatory Professional Support Lawyers / Solicitors Senior Level jobs in London (Central)