TV PRODUCTION, NQ+
Our client is a top independent, global content producer and distributor. It has a substantial number of production companies operating worldwide. One of the UK’s leading indies is looking for a Legal and Business Affairs Executive to work alongside its team of in-house production lawyers dealing with contracts, commercial issues, compliance and all general legal matters arising in the course of the production cycle. Your role will be wide-ranging and will include:
· Negotiation and drafting of production-related contracts including:
- Contributor agreements;
- Talent agreements;
- Location and access agreements;
- Production agreements and other matters/documents with all major UK broadcasters.
· Offering compliance advice to production teams and participating in compliance meetings both internally and externally.
· Advising on rights clearances including copyright.
The ideal candidate will have good experience in the legal and business affairs aspects of television. He/she should also have some knowledge of the UK broadcasters’ terms of trade and be able to work quickly and efficiently. An ability to be pro-active, combined with an approachable manner, is essential. Some compliance knowledge is an advantage but more importantly, a keen commercial instinct matched with a pragmatic sensibility is a prerequisite. This is a super opportunity for a gutsy and fledgling Television lawyer to work in a collaborative, friendly and exciting media business.
About Kinsella & Ziegler – in house
We are a boutique legal recruitment and resourcing consultancy, specialising in the placement of lawyers and legal professionals into roles both in-house and within law firms.