This job is no longer available
Associate (Locum) with expertise in data management. - Magic Circle. 4+ PQE.
• Information management: responsibility for consolidating and updating information in excel format and managing on-going cross-referencing and data manipulation processes.
• Complex statistical analysis: using excel documents, responsibility for designing formulas, comparing information and calculating figures for a wide range of scenarios.
• Document review: legal review of documents and various databases.
• Administration of group document and filing protocols using information systems.
• System implementation and support: assist and enable other lawyers to work effectively with document review software, and with other relevant IT systems for handling case-related information (e.g. hearing transcription systems such as LiveNote).
• Contact and financial delivery disciplines: work with the DDM team leader to assist in the generation of accurate budgets for costs and timescales of disputes support work, and subsequently ensure that such work is completed within budget and to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Liaison between London, Belfast and external parties: liaise effectively with colleagues and with external vendors/ service providers to ensure that correct solutions and processes are implemented at a cost effective level.
• Protocols: advise on eDisclosure processes and protocols, including communicating directly with disputes support representatives for opposing firms.
• Training: help users understand and resolve relevant issues (e.g. problems with use of document review software) and be involved in the delivery of disputes specific training.
• Risk management: understand the need for compliance with the firm’s policies, procedures and rules. Identify and evaluate risks, consulting and taking appropriate action. Hold the firm’s reputation as paramount at all times.
• Financial management: consistently demonstrate good time management, time recording and financial discipline.
• We would expect the successful candidate to have around two to four years' experience in dispute resolution at least partly at a top tier firm but would consider those with less or more experience providing they meet the required competencies
• We would expect the successful candidate to have experience in insolvency disputes (including cross-border insolvency), large scale financial disputes as well as regulatory law, insurance law and professional negligence work;
• It is important that the applicant have experience working on large scale litigation projects including:
o dealing with complex, multi-party litigation with, for example, several thousand simultaneous claims;
o investigations into both domestic and international large scale fraud allegations, particularly in the financial sector;
o working on a number of smaller matters (20 to 30) simultaneously
• Due to the high volume of data involved, outstanding mathematics, statistics and analytical skills will be necessary
Work based competencies
• Exceptional software and programming skills in a range of case management and Data Analysis software;
• Legal ability - detailed grasp of complex legal concepts, excellent drafting skills, ability to see issues from a commercial perspective and able to communicate complex legal advice to clients and other parties effectively
• Delivering excellent client service - excellent communications skills, driven to deliver to clients promptly, sets themselves challenging goals and resilient in achieving them
• Initiative and managing change - resilient in the face of multiple priorities, able to deliver difficult messages, takes ownership for resolving problems pro-actively
• Teamwork and communication - seeks out the views of others, assured and succinct in communication
• Taking instructions directly from clients, partners and counsel, and managing expectations and delivery of services
• Finding and winning - able to build relationships with clients, identifies opportunities and networks effectively internally
• Developing and retaining - works to become a trusted advisor to the client, aware of client industry dynamics, works closely with the Business Development Team
• Promotes firm values, including conducting a range of pro bono matters
• Contributes to firm CPD knowledge
• Financial performance - familiar with key drivers of firm performance
• Firm contribution - high level of personal integrity, contributes to developing a diverse and innovative culture, prepared to go the extra mile