HEAD OF TV PRODUCTION, 7+ YEARS' PQE, LONDON
Our client, a world leading creator, producer and distributor of content for multiple platforms operates in a large number of genres including Children’s, Factual, Entertainment, Drama, Comedy and Film.
The Group has a diverse range of production companies in multiple territories including the US, EMEA and the Emerging Markets, as well as an international distribution business.
We have a new requirement for a versatile media lawyer with television production experience to head up a dynamic business and legal affairs team, which looks after a number of TV programmes.
Reporting to the General Counsel, your role will include:
• Drafting production, co- production and programme acquisition agreements
• Providing legal advice on a range of matters relating to programme acquisition and production, broadcast regulation and technical operations
• Assisting in the development of precedent documentation and business process
• Providing day to day advice on regulatory matters relating to the productions and programming
• Providing a day to day interface with the commercial team to ensure clear communication and proactive management of open matters
• Maintaining day to day oversight of approvals for business and legal affairs matters
• Managing the team
The successful candidate will have at least 7 years’ PQE. You will have demonstrable experience in the complete life cycle of television production, talent management and copyright law, ideally within a range of genres. You will also have excellent drafting and negotiating skills combined with a flexible approach. Due to the cross-jurisdictional nature of the role, your interpersonal skills will enable you to facilitate cooperative relationships in a multicultural environment.