This job is no longer available
Ashmore is an established Asset Manager, specialising in Emerging Markets investment. As a FTSE100 company, the Legal & Transaction Management team is crucial; L&TM is responsible for both internal and external counsel on a number of issues, specifically Fund launches and maintenance, transaction management on investments (from outset through to deal execution), documentation for complex products and regulatory oversight. We are seeking a relatively junior lawyer with strong experience in derivatives to join the team.
While Ashmore hire lawyers with specialisms, our in-house lawyers are involved in aspects across the business to provide variety (across fund launches, corporate finance and more).
Responsibilities will include (depending on experience and ability of the individual):
- Negotiate ISDA Master Agreements
- Negotiate GMRAs/GMSLAs
- Negotiate Futures Agreements and relevant give up agreements
- Negotiate other trading documentation, including master NDF confirmation agreements, brokerage agreements, and local custody account openings
- Negotiate all documentation in relation to requirements under Dodd Frank and EMIR and related to OTC clearing, including understanding the different documentation framework for the US (futures model) and EU (ISDA model).
- Complete KYC and other required forms in relation to derivatives and other trading (for example KYC documents, QIB forms etc)
- Assist legal counsel on other derivative related matters
- Negotiate fund related documentation such as distribution and rebate agreements
- Assist with other legal initiatives and business requirements as requested
- Review of confidentiality agreements, engagement letters and ancillary contracts
- A minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in a derivatives legal role in a major financial institution or law firm.
- Ability to work under pressure and work closely with other areas within the business, especially the derivatives/local currency and external debt traders
- Experience of using ISDA / ISMA / EMTA, including confirmations, master documentation and the associated market practices relating thereto.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple ongoing projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent communication, writing, and proofreading skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities effectively and efficiently